Instructions for Submitting a ZERO TO THREE Fellowship Application Online
The ZERO TO THREE Fellowship Application Period is Monday, May 2, 2022 thru Monday, June 13, 2022 midnight (EDT)
NO DEADLINE EXTENSION
Below is a preview of the entire application for your information:
Applicant must complete a profile prior to beginning the application. An email address and password are needed to create a new account. If an account already exists, login using email and password. Password reset can be requested, if necessary
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required.
Applicant must complete the four (4) essay questions. It is anticipated that completion of the essay questions will require some commitment of time. Essays edits can be made up until the application deadline (Monday, June 13, 2022 at midnight (EDT).
Importance of Fellowship at this Career Stage
The ZTT Fellowship brings together a diverse cohort of early and mid-career leaders who have the passion and motivation to transform programs, systems, and policies so that infants and young children have a strong start in life. Please address the following: (max 250 words total)
- Why do you believe this fellowship is important at this stage of your career?
- What would you most want to gain from the experience?
- What might you uniquely bring to the fellowship?
Leadership in Your Professional Context
How are you presently using your leadership to advance programs, systems, and polices relevant to infants and toddlers in your professional context? Also address the following: (max 250 words total)
- What has been an outcome of your leadership?
- What insights have you gained about your leadership skills and style?
- How do you desire to grow in your leadership capacity?
Vision for Change
At the heart of the fellowship experience is the advancement of a Vision for Change in your professional context with the purpose of advancing transformative program, system, or policy change. (max 450 words)
- Based on your current position, interests, and leadership, describe the issue/challenge that will be the focus of the Vision for Change.
- Why is this issue/challenge important?
- What collaborators, partners, allies might be necessary to advance the vision?
- What might be potential outcomes/impact of the Vision, should it be achieved?
What Would be Missing?
The ZERO TO THREE Fellowship strives to empower a diverse, multidisciplinary network of leaders who have the knowledge, skills, and passion to support all infants and toddlers to reach their full potential. What unique quality, perspective, identity, lived experience will be missing if you are not a Fellow in the 2022-24 class? (max 250 words)
Resume / Curriculum Vita
Applicant must submit a resume/vita. The submitted resume/vita is limited to a maximum of five (5) pages. The applicant will be prompted to save it as a PDF and upload it to the application.
Fellowship Letter of Commitment
- Applicant must submit the Fellowship Commitment Letter using the template provided.
- The template is to be printed, copied onto official letterhead, signed by the applicant and supervisor/employer, scanned, and uploaded as a PDF.
- The signed letter reflects the applicant’s commitment to fulfill the requirements of the fellowship, including attendance at the convenings listed below. FYI: In-person convenings are contingent on the status of COVID-19.
The 2022-24 Fellowship Class runs from October 2022 through Spring 2024. Below are anticipated in-person convenings...
- Fellowship and ZERO TO THREE Convening – December 5-8, 2022 - San Diego, CA
- Winter Retreat – February 27-March 3, 2023 – Washington, DC
- Irvin Harris Foundation Professional Development Network Meeting - March 2023 (Dates TBD) - Chicago, IL - ½ class attends
- Summer Retreat – June 19-23, 2023 – Washington, DC
- Fall Retreat – October 16-20, 2023 – Washington, DC
- Winter Retreat – February 26-March 1, 2024 – Washington, DC
- Irvin Harris Foundation Professional Development Network Meeting – March 2024 (Dates TBD) – Chicago, IL - ½ class attends
- Fellowship Graduation – Late Spring 2024 (Dates TBD) – Washington, DC
NOTE: Accommodations/meals for the above events are covered by ZERO TO THREE. Airfare to/from these events must be purchased by the Fellow and will be reimbursed by ZERO TO THREE. The International segment of flights are not reimbursed by ZERO TO THREE.
Fellowship selection notification will be made no later than the week of October 10, 2022.
To begin you application, click here